Sunday, January 7, 2018

Writing Update #5


Hello, and welcome to day 7 of Birthday Blog Bash 2018. The entire month of January I will be posting every single day.

 Remember back in my last Writing Update, when I said I finally like the beginning of my WIP? About that, I decided for now there will be a pause on that idea. I came to the conclusion the story wasn't going anywhere. The plot and character development were just stagnate for five years, I been working on it. I restarted it and reworked it 10 times, and I could never get past a certain point. One of the major questions I started asking myself recently: is the book I am working necessary for me to still tell the story I want to in the second book?  All the major parts of book one can be shown through flashbacks, or even a prologue in the second book. I am going to let these character's and their story sit for awhile.

One of major goals for 2018 is to write a book. I have two ideas that could potentially become the book I want to try to publish. Both ideas will require heavy planning before I can start the actual process of writing. In the end, both ideas will eventually become books; that I will write. I am currently leaning towards Project X, but Project Y is compelling too. Either way, by the time this post goes live I will have picked one, and started the planning process. The next time I update you all, I want to be started with my outline. We will see how that goes. 

I would love to know if your writing a book this year? Where are you at on your writing journey? Let me know in the comments or message me on social media @chey_ouatar; and remember, keep looking for your Once Upon A Time.

No comments:

Post a Comment