Thursday, January 11, 2018

My First Book Review


Hello, and welcome to day 11 of Birthday Blog Bash 2018. Everyday in the month of January I will be posting on my blog.


Today, I will be sharing my first book review I ever did. I can't believe that I am showing anyone it. I have changed drastically in my reviewing style and the way I read. I want to throw a huge disclaimer this review is from 5 years ago.

"Like most books I didn’t know what to except coming from this one. I heard a lot about this on goodreads where I learned about this book and many others I have to read. So I wasn’t so sure how I was going to like it. I started this book and I wasn’t sure if I liked it then things started to change it took me two hours to read this book and boy was I on the edge of my comfy spot. I couldn’t help but be dragged into this book. This was very different than a lot of books I have read. It covered a whole new section of myths and religions that I have either heard some or never heard at all. I personally feel the action didn’t start right away. I think the part that was my favorite was when Kelsey looked behind her and there was Ren her tiger standing as a man. It was funny very funny. I fell an insta ship right then and there. Ren is amazing I would love him he is like a real gentleman and he isn’t a bad boy douche that most books have now a days. He also wasn’t a good boy either and he respected people. I think the thing that I found most frustrating was when Kelsey thought he only loved her because of the connection they have. God he says he loves you no matter what and you love him what is the problem? There isn’t one duh. I wanted to strangle her so much. I refrained myself from doing that.
So Kelsey just graduated from High School. She lives with her foster parents. Her real parents died in a car accident. So the story opens up while she was in line getting a job at a circus. She gets the job and starts the next morning. She gets do a lot things most of she gets to feed a tiger. He has a different name and she nicked-named him Ren. She felt an instant connection to him. She got permission to stay with the tiger during her breaks. She then started to care for the tiger. As her days grew to talking him. I think she felt she could open up to him because she was alone and she need that comfort of opening up to someone. One day a guy from India name Mr. Kadam. He wanted to by the tiger for his boss. It turns out that he needed someone to come with him so he turned to Kelsey as he found that she bounded with the tiger. So she gets permission and goes on a plane to India with Mr.Kadam, the tiger and herself. After they land Mr.Kadam has business to take care of and leaves her with a taxi and the tiger. The taxi leads her to a get some lunch then it sped off. Now she was alone with the tiger. She followed the tiger and bam Ren the tiger is a gorgeous man in his early twenties. Wow loved the reaction. So basically they go on this journey to break the curse that he and his brother have.
I think the most important thing throughout this was that Kelsey needed to learn how to take risks. And wasn’t so much that she didn’t love Ren it was that she was afraid to because the last time she loved someone they both died. I guess it’s this fear that makes her leave Ren in the ending of the book. I thought she was going to stay you know but she didn’t. I would give this book."

It is important to celebrate progress in every shape. Perfection isn't key, and to get something right it takes time. Making mistakes helps you grow. For everyone out there, who is wanting to write or blog, do it. Even I get frustrated at myself despite coming far, we all need these little reminders sometimes. Do you have your first book review ever? I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments below or message me on social media @chey_ouatar; and remember, keep looking for your Once Upon A Time.

No comments:

Post a Comment