Friday, January 5, 2018

My Favorite Webtoons


Hello my lovely readers and welcome to day 5 of Birthday Blog Bash 2018. Every single day in the month of January I will be posting content that you won't want to miss. 




At the beginning of 2017 I discovered an app called Web Toon through various ads on YouTube. Line Webtoon is a service that allows readers to read and discover comics for free. The platform also allows people to publish their comics for free. If you want to check out more about Line Webtoon click here. Nevertheless, this post is about my favorite Web Toons they are in order that I discovered them, so let's jumped into it. 




Siren's Lament is written by Instantmiso, and is updated every Saturday. The synopsis of the Web Toon is, "Content with her ordinary life, Lyra is somewhat of a wallflower. However, her comfortable lifestyle suddenly goes astray when she accidentally plunges into the world of sirens. Entangled in a curse, Lyra will learn that her world may be a lot bigger than she had ever imagined."  Going into Siren's Lament all I knew about was it had Siren's from the YouTube ad I saw. I highly recommend going into the Webtoons without knowing much about it. Instantmiso does a wonderful job on the art side of the comic too. Personally for me I lean towards the art that reminds me of anime. Not only is the art beautifully done the plot of this Web Toon is amazing. Siren'ts Lament is updated every Saturdays, but will return with season 2 in February


Ecstasy Hearts is by Silent Maru. It is about,  "Shimizu Anya is the daughter of the two former top Tennis Players of the world. And now, it's her time to conquer the domain of Professional Tennis at least until her destined rival came and completely crushed her before she could even break out of her bubble . This is where her one-sided rivalry begins."  I don't typically gravitate towards anything sports related 99.9% of the time. Ecstasy Hearts is that exception because Tennis is such a major part of the plot. What's great is Slient Maru does explain Tennis in a way that makes it very easy to understand. The plot is very drama filled, so it might not be everyone's cup of teat I am not going to lie a big factor for me in picking a Web Toon to read is the art style, and Slient Maru's art style is phenomenal. Ecstasy Hearts is updates every Thursdays.



Under Prin is written by Smbryms; and it is about "Jin is a famous singer whose true identity is the legendary devil “Lord Perdien”. Even his son Miryu does not know that his father is the legendary devil. To protect his son, Jin fights."  I was on the fence about reading Under Prin since I signed up for Web Toon. On a rainy day during summer vacation I started reading Under Prin, and I love it. I adore the backstory of each character the author has created. I would definitely say it is character driven. A lot of the plot has to do with the character themselves instead of the characters conforming to the plot. Not sure if that makes any sense. Love the author's art style too. It is updated every Thursdays. 



My Dear Cold-Blooded King is written by Lifelight; and is about "Born a humble peasant, Kihara Mei has lived simply day by day as a merchant in the capitol, and never assumed things would change. But, one fateful day would change the course of her life, when faced with a deadly challenge against dangerous royal assassins. Now, with the eyes of the dreaded Blood King upon her, her life of simplicity would now become a tangled web of secrecy, deceit, and desire." My Dear Cold-Blooded King happens to be one of my favorite Web Toons. From the artwork, characters, and plot, My Dear Cold-Blooded King is beautifully done. My Dear Cold-Blooded King is updated every Sunday.


I Love Yoo is written by Quimchee; and it is about "Dogged by pain and misfortune from the very beginning, Shin-Ae decides she wants nothing to do with people nor anything to do with romance. Although content with her unsocial, boring, loveless existence, her lifestyle is challenged after she ruins an unsuspecting strangers' clothes." Although the art style is amazing, I continue reading for the story itself. I Love Yoo is one of the best stories. It is categorize as a Romance, but the story isn't solely focused on the Romance. It is updated every Friday. 


unOrdinary is written by Uru-Chan; and it is about "The world is not perfect. Learning to deal with its flaws is just a normal part of life. But there comes a point where these imperfections spawn a crushing realization... that something needs to change..."  I have seen unOrdinary popping up on the Web Toon app since I started using the app. I didn't read until I saw the cover art for the Mid-Season Finale. I read it in a day. unOrdinary is amazing. It is typically updated every Thursday, but is on a break till February 1st, 2018. 



I highly recommend Web Toon, the app is free. You get amazing content for free. I am not sponsored. I truly love all of these stories, and this service. Do you love Web Toons? What are some of your favorite Web Toons? Would like a more in depth review? Simply comment below or message me on social media @chey_ouatar; and remember, keep looking for your Once Upon A Time. 




No comments:

Post a Comment