Tuesday, June 7, 2016

25 Bookish Facts

         The whole concept of 25 Bookish Facts is to tell your followers 25 Bookish Facts about yourself. Since this is a fresh start to Once Upon A Time A Review, I thought this would be a perfect post to have on my blog. Let's jump right on in.

  1. I used to hate reading books. I dreaded reading anything. In my old school they use to make you take these tests that told you what level of reading you should be at and I always got the lowest. That meant I couldn't check out any of the books that I really wanted to read. I was always stuck with Junie B. Jones and Magic Treehouse, which to be honest were amazing series to get kid into reading.
  2. Several years later, I developed a problem with checking books out and never finishing them. It got so bad that my librarian refused to let check out any books without reading them first.  
3. Charlotte's Web was the first book I actually sat down and read the whole way through. After the ending, I was addicted to reading books. I wonder after all these years what I would think about this book now.

4. I used to be afraid of series and big chapter books. The books in this series aren't that big. It took me one month to finish the first book. I dedicate this series for getting be addict to reading series. Gosh I should reread this sometime.
5. During this time I hated Harry Potter because my only experience of the world was through the movies. I got to say I'm not a big fan of the movies, but out of the books I read they are far more superb.
6.  I love binge reading series. I mean who doesn't?
7. I disagree when people say Twilight is a love triangle. In Eclipse it clearly says that it was always Edward. The movie franchise just made it seem to be a love triangle to make more money.  
8. To go along with number with the whole Twilight thing fyi Jacob is a shape shifter not a werewolf. I have to say this all the time to my friends who haven't read the books.
9.  I don't read many stand-alones I prefer series.
10. I don't like short books because they don't last me. I read Breaking Dawn in three hours. I read the whole Divergent Trilogy in three days. I read the whole Percy Jackson series in a week. I'm not bragging here, but short books wouldn't even last me a day.
11. I'm really bad about updating my Goodread's status dealing with books.
12. I don't like To Kill Mocking Bird.
13. I don't like Romeo and Juliet.
14. I don't like the Mazerunner Series, but I love the movies.
15. I can't go to the library because I have to big of a fine.
16. I do not like the Percy Jackson movies they were a disgrace. Also the Divergent movie didn't put my favorite scene in the movie. Not all book to movie adaptions are horrible. The Fault in our Stars was great.
17. I watched the Twilight movie before I read the books. I did the same with If I Stay and I still haven't read that particular the book.
18.  I hate when people ask me what is your favorite book or author or series because that is an impossible question.
19. I used to hate using book marks because I'm really good at remembering where I leave off at, but my best friends mom got me some bookmarks and I been using them. I really want the magnetic ones.
20. I never stop in the middle of the chapter when I'm reading. I absolutely hate doing that. However there are a few occasions where I have to.
21. I get most of my reading down in the car. That's going to change since I will be driving soon.
22. I didn't really know how to read until second grade. Our school didn't really focus on reading until second grade. My parents bought me Dick and Jane and that's how I learned how to read.
23. I always used to make my mom read me Red Fish Blue Fish One Fish Two Fish by Dr.Suess. It goes  something like that.
24.I remember this one time where our teacher made us write simple sentences. All the kids, but me did this. I wrote a compound sentence. This isn't completely bookish.
25. My favorite book in a series is the last book. I also love cliffhangers too.



There you have it 25 Bookish Facts About Me.

I tag these three lovely bloggers.


I hope you enjoyed this blog post. What's one thing that is interesting about you? Remember keep looking for your Once Upon A Time.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the tag! This is a really cool tag :) It's interesting that it took you so long to become a reader! I've always been a reader, and I can't imagine ever being different

    ReplyDelete