Saturday, June 10, 2017

Wonder Woman Review (non-spoiler)



Wonder Woman was released on June 2nd 2017 and it is the origin story of Wonder Woman. The movie stars Gal Gadot and Chirs Pine. For the full cast and more information about the movie itself check out IMDb.  If you aren't familiar it takes place in the DC universe. I wasn't sure how I was going to enjoy this movie because I'm more of a Marvel kind of gal. Also DC hasn't been very promising in the movie department since the Batman trilogy ended awhile back. Then they try to rebound with Batman vs Superman which looked horrible and reviews weren't the best. Suicide Squad was great, but it wasn't no marvel movie. Despite all of this I went into Wonder Woman not knowing what to expect and unbiased opinion. From one Marvel fan to the next you should totally go see Wonder Woman. 

Diana's background was really amazing and I loved it. It's very mythology based and I love my mythology. The setting of the movie was in the early 20th century. Basically combining mythology and history together which is some of my favorite things. The plot was great, predictable, but overall great. I enjoyed how the character development was there and there's still room for them to grow. I couldn't help, but compare it Logan where that development was on point and it had to be on point. My next favorite thing about Wonder Woman were the graphics they were amazing. Of course graphics aren't everything when it comes to movie, but they are still pretty crucial. I told my mom that they were up there with the Marvel movies.

Gal Gadot who played Wonder Woman was an amazing actress. I felt like she was the perfect actress for the part. I vaguely remember her playing in the Fast and Furious movies. Chris Pine sort of reminded me of the person played on Timeless. While at least his character did and I was fine with that. The whole movie left you wanting more and I came to the conclusion I need a sequel. I guess we will have to wait till this fall to see the Justice League, which looks really promising. 

Did you guys seen Wonder Woman? What were your thoughts on it? Did you like this non-spoiler set up? Do you like Marvel or DC? Remember keep looking for your Once Upon A Time.


No comments:

Post a Comment