Monday, January 9, 2017

Into the Wild by Erin Hunter

Title: Into the Wild
Author: Erin Hunter
Pages: 288
Published: 01-09-2003
Publisher: HarperTrophy
Add to Goodreads
Synopsis: For generations, four Clans of wild cats have shared the forest according to the laws laid down by their warrior ancestors. But the ThunderClan cats are in grave danger, and the sinister ShadowClan grows stronger every day. Noble warriors are dying-- and some deaths are more mysterious than others. In the midst of this turmoil appears an ordinary house cat named Rusty . . . who may turn out to be the bravest warrior of them all.  


For the past few months I have been having the undying need to reread the first series in the Warriors universe. This series got me into reading series there's just a high when you finish a book in a series. It keeps you wanting more and more. That feeling is something that I crave as a reader and this particular series has a special part in my heart. From the very first page I was immediately dragged into the story line like the the first time I read it, but it wasn't as fantastic as  I remembered it was. 

The book to seem to be very fast paced this time around and lacking world building that I would have liked to see in the first book. However, I read most of these books, so I know what happens to all the characters and the world. A person reading it the first time wouldn't really get as much as I do, I don't think. You do definitely see a lot more world building  in the next books. As far as character development goes I don't think there isn't any honestly. All the characters pretty much stay the same expect one in particular and that doesn't happen until later in the series.

Other than that the concept and the plot of the story is really interesting, but very predictable. The characters in the books are very easy to enjoy. Some of the concepts touched in the book can be easy to relate to. I think this series would be perfect for anyone in middle school or someone who just wants to read for a fun quick read. Which is why I rated it is four stars. If you guys have any thoughts on this series please leave a comment below. Remember keep looking for your Once Upon A Time.



No comments:

Post a Comment