Sunday, July 24, 2016

Summer Blogging Promo Tour #3



This week for the Summer Blog Promo tour hosted by Bookish Bratz I will be featuring Amanda from Brains, Books, and Brawn. She will be discussing her TBR for the rest of the Summer and lets just say there's some amazing reads that I keep hearing about and can't wait to read them. Without further ado here's Amanda.



Hey everyone!

My name is Amanda and I blog at Brains, Books, and Brawn! Summer is such a great time for reading (hello beach and park reading days!) so having a fun TBR set up is essential! This is my (projected) list for the rest of the summer. I’ll be totally honest that this could change because I’m a huge mood-reader and I’m currently working through mostly fall titles! These are some of my top picks that I’m most likely to reach for though :)

Author: Zoraida Córdova
Pages: 336
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Release Date: September 6th 2016 
Witches, spirits of dead relatives, a witch that hates magic? Sign me up! An infusion of Latin American culture as well? I'M EXTRA there! This wasn't on my radar until I went to a publisher event a couple of months ago at which point it skyrocketed to the top teir very quickly. I've also joined the street team for this and I'm super excited.


Author: Gisela Tobien Sherman
Pages: 348
Publication Date: April 7th 2015
Publisher: Second Story Press
A group of girls just out of high school taking over the work men would usually do on the farm since they’re away for the war. I love everything about the premise of this book and I’m kicking myself for not having read it yet! Definitely one I’m looking forward to.

Title: Leave Me
Author: Gayle Forman
Page: 352
Publication Date: September 6th
Publisher: Algonquin Books
I have a few friends that are HUGE Gayle Forman fans and kepe meaning to read a book by her so when I saw this on NetGalley and got approved for it I was so excited! There are days where I want to drop everything and just hop on a bus to somewhere different so the synopsis hooked me hard. I can’t wait for my first Gayle Forman read!!
Author: Kenneth Opel
Pages: 368
Publication Date: September 20th 2016
Publisher:  Harper Collins

I have a Kenneth Oppel obsession and I’m not afraid to admit it! I have incredibly vivid memories of reading his Silverwing series when I was in grade school and now own multiple signed/personalized editions of it. Although I own copies of some, I haven’t read any of his books since then but when I heard about this one, Indiana Jones meets Romeo & Juliet, I was SO on board. The ARC came with mini dinosaurs too so that was also A+.
      
Title: Stealing Snow
Author: Danielle Paige
Pages : 384
Publication Date: September 20th 2016
Publisher: Bloomsbury USA Children
           I love Dorothy Must Die and I’ve been in the mood for retellings lately so my anticipation for this book is pretty easily explained. The cover is also so gorgeous. I’m excited to see what Danielle does with the Snow Queen Story.      
Title: Scarlet
Author: Marissa Meyer
Pages: 452
Publication Date: February 5th 2013 
Publisher: Feiwell and Freinds
I read Cinder as part of my June challenge and I adored it so I’m eager to continue the series. I’ve heard so many good things and own all the books so I’m hoping to finish the series by the end of 2016. I’m disappointed that it took me this long to start The Lunar Chronicles. 
Author: Calla Devlin
Pages: 304
Publication Date: August 30th 2016
Publisher:  S&S/Atheneum
I received this book at a publisher preview and it comes out at the end of August! The synopsis of this sounds very interesting and a couple of the Goodreads reviews have said it delivers even more than promised! This will probably be my first ARC August book!
Author: Kevin Sands
Pages: 544
Publication Date: September 6th 2016
Publisher: Aladdin 
I loved The Blackthorn Key! I’m so excited that there’s another book and I can’t wait to start it. This one is super thick so I’m curious to see what Christopher and Bridget get up to!
Author: Stephanie Kate Strohm
Pages: 304
Publication Date:April 5th 2016
Publisher: Sky Pony Press
I love funny, cute contemporaries for summer and when I was pitched this I knew it would be JUST the book I need! 
Title: Wrecked
Author: Maria Padian
Pages: 364
Publication Date: October 4th 2016
Publisher: Algonquin Young Readers
With all the media attention and discussions about campus sexual assault lately, this was a title I was very interested in reading! I’ve heard great things and the fact that it’s told from two POVs has my attention. 



I hope you enjoyed Amanda's post, I personally had a lot fun of reading and I discovered some books that I want to add to by TBR. This week I'm featured on Lizzie's blog Big Books and Grande Lattes. I discussed my Top 5 Blogging Essentials and I had a really fun time writing that post. Stay tune for more Summer Blogging Promo Tour posts. Remember keep looking for your Once Upon A Time. 




No comments:

Post a Comment