Friday, June 3, 2016

Writing Update

    I started a writing blog last year, but I found it hard to run two blogs at the same time. Since I'm redoing my book blog I decided to combine the two together. I will be doing writing updates and tips throughout the month. Eventually I might settle on a certain day of the week. As the title states, this is a writing update.

    If you don't know, I'm writing the first draft to the book that I been meaning to write for two years now. I have started it multiple different times, but always ended up restarting this. I recently started to actually write the book, using the outline I made in December of last year. I'm so excited to be sitting down and writing an idea that has been in my brain for so long. It makes me feel so accomplished, and once I type those last few words I will be so proud of myself. Despite having more steps to complete after that, I can say that I wrote a book.

  I haven't come up with a title for the book yet. I do know that I want it to be a trilogy and I have been calling it The Goddess Warfare Series. It is a mythology based, but I'm putting my own twist on everything. I think that is all I'm going to say about the book right now. I'm currently at 4,200 words, but when this post goes live I'm hoping to be at 6,000 words. My plan is to be finished with the first draft by the end of this year and I hope this goal comes true and then go from there.

  The biggest thing I learned so far is that you need to push through writers block. The first chapter of my book is horrible, but I pushed through it. At the end of the first chapter, was when the ideas really started pumping out. I figured out on how I want to approach things in the coming chapters. If you have any questions or want to request me to do something please comment below. Remember always keep looking for your Once Upon A Time.


-Cheyenne


No comments:

Post a Comment